Monday, May 28, 2012

I was going through some old folders and found this.  It was a picture I'd done back in 1999 for a story I never got around to writing.  The principal heroines, Qiana (on the left) and Serena (on the right) were college buddies vacationing in The Bahamas.  There they run across a smuggling operation while scuba diving and get captured by the nasties doing the smuggling.

Cut to 2012: Upon finding it, I got the urge to color it.  The biggest problem, since Serena and their attacker are VERY dark skinned, was choosing a background color that could convey evening without making the two darker-skinned characters disappear completely.  After all, there's no point in a voluptuous beauty like Serena being tied up if you can't see her.

As for the story itself, it'll probably never get written.  But if I find another old drawing with Serena and Qiana (especially one with Qiana wearing her glasses), I might just decide to color that one, too.

Qiana and Serena are copyright and trademarked by me, so hands off you wolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment